Primary School Admissions
The local authority (LA), Tower Hamlets, now deals with all statutory admissions from Reception to Year 6, including in-year or mid-term admissions. If you would like your child to come to Old Palace Primary School please contact Pupil Services at the London Borough of Tower Hamlets.
A paper copy can be obtained from the Local Authority’s Pupil Admissions Team on tel: 020 7364 5006 alternatively you can apply for a place online using the e-admissions portal.
Providing the school with proof of your address following an offer made by Pupils Services
When offering school places, the local authority will check addresses to prevent fraudulent applications. The school will, therefore, need proof of where you and your child are living. You will need to provide the school with your original council tax bill or council tax benefit letter or notice, as well as one of the following documents that show your address:
- a utility bill (gas, electricity or water) from the last three months. We do not accept bank statements or mobile phone bills;
- a statement from your building society, i.e Halifax, Nationwide or any other building society or a credit card statement from the last three months; or
- your child benefit entitlement letter from HM Revenue and Customs for your latest claim. This must be dated within last 12 months.
Your name, your child’s name and your address on these documents must match the information on your application form. If you change your address at any time in this process, you must provide proof of your new address by sending the documents shown above to Pupil Services. If you do not inform Pupil Services that you have moved, the offer made to your child may be withdrawn if your child gained an unfair advantage over other applicants.
Families of UK service personnel with a confirmed posting in Tower Hamlets, or crown servants returning from overseas to live in Tower Hamlets, will need to provide an official letter (i.e. from the Ministry of Defence or Foreign & Commonwealth Office), which declares a relocation date and a unit postal address or quartering area address.
Other acceptable forms of ID if Council Tax cannot be shown
- Polling card – stating parent name and address
- UK photo driving licence
- Immigration document, visa or work permit stating address
- Mortgage Statement (UK or EEA) – (Non-EEA statements not be accepted)
- Financial Statement (UK) – e.g. pension, endowment, ISA, not bank statement
- P45 certificate statement (UK & Channel Islands)
- P60 certificate statement (UK & Channel Islands)
- Document from Central or Local Government, Government Agency, or local council document giving entitlement (UK and Channel Islands)
For further guidance, please visit the local authority website www.towerhamlets.gov.uk
Thinking of applying to start at Old Palace? September 2020-21
If you are thinking of applying for a seat for your child to start at Old Palace, to welcome any prospective parents to our Foundation Stage, we usually arrange open days in the Autumn term. To arrange a visit to the school, please contact us on 020 8980 3020.
Parents/carers are encouraged to attend at least one open day scheduled before the child is due to start.