Headteacher’s Welcome Message
I am delighted to welcome you to our school website, which I hope will be informative and give you a flavour of the school’s aims and achievements.
Old Palace is a two form entry primary school for ages 4 -11, in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets. We are a happy and inclusive school that provides an excellent education for all its children. We appreciate that every child has unique talents and abilities and we constantly strive to help each child develop the learning skills, social understanding and character they will need to prosper in life. In doing so, we appreciate the need for effective partnerships with parents and are committed to supporting families, so that learning will continue beyond the school gates.
The last few years have been very challenging for schools. I am incredibly proud of the resilience shown by the children and the dedication of our staff, which have allowed us to successfully address lost learning and to achieve above national outcomes in many areas of the curriculum. Our curriculum is ambitious and is supported by a range of first hand experiences, such as educational visits and carefully planned enrichment activities, which inspire the children and expand their cultural horizons. This ambition is also reflected in our desire to tackle health inequalities; helping our pupils to understand the importance of a healthy lifestyle, vital for both their physical and emotional health.
For learning to be successful, it needs to be meaningful. We seek to ensure that our pupils are able to connect their learning to the world around them, for example through our focus on current affairs and the use of Make it Real projects. Pupils are taught to care for each other, their community and our world, applying the British values they are taught, in order to question, seek evidence and to challenge discrimination in all its forms. Visitors often comment on the calm and purposeful environment found at the school, which reflects the school’s core values, our high aspirations and the desire to create confident learners who challenge themselves to be the best they can possibly be.
For now, please take a moment to explore this site and to celebrate the children’s learning presented on the class pages and in our newsletters. We look forward to welcoming you to Old Palace in the future
- Achieve the best they possibly can, recognising their successes and areas for further improvement.
- Become literate, numerate and ICT competent.
- Develop an understanding of how they learn and apply this passionately to enquire and think creatively about the world.
- Develop self awareness and self confidence, together with the social skills needed to relate to and work well with others.
- Take responsibility for their actions, treating others with fairness, tolerance and respect.
- Learn collaboratively with each other, the school, parents and the local community, applying their learning to enhance their own lives and those of others.
- Become healthy, active citizens, who participate in their community to work for a better tomorrow.