Headteacher’s Welcome Message
In addition to helping our pupils achieve academically, we also wish to create healthy and active citizens, who care for and respect each other, who make wise behaviour choices and who challenge discrimination in all its forms. The school is committed to providing a broad and balanced curriculum, enriched through regular educational visits and successful links with our community and business partners. The importance of emotional and physical well being is taught through our fitness, sports and PHSE programmes and we have invested heavily in the use of new technology to make certain that our pupils have access to this, especially as it may not always be available to them at home. This together with the skills and dedication of our staff allows Old Palace to continue to provide its pupils with the best possible start to their education.
- Achieve the best they possibly can, recognising their successes and areas for further improvement.
- Become literate, numerate and ICT competent.
- Develop an understanding of how they learn and apply this passionately to enquire and think creatively about the world.
- Develop self awareness and self confidence, together with the social skills needed to relate to and work well with others.
- Take responsibility for their actions, treating others with fairness, tolerance and respect.
- Learn collaboratively with each other, the school, parents and the local community, applying their learning to enhance their own lives and those of others.
- Become healthy, active citizens, who participate in their community to work for a better tomorrow.