Welcome to our school website, which we hope will be informative and give you a flavour of the school’s aims and achievements. Everything we do at Old Palace is intended to ensure that the children are happy at school, love learning and become the best that they can be. We appreciate that every child has unique talents, abilities and preferences in learning and we constantly strive to help each child develop the learning skills they will need to prosper in later life. In doing so, we appreciate the need for effective partnerships with parents to ensure that learning continues beyond the school gate and have in place a range of initiatives to support parents in helping their child.
In addition to helping our pupils achieve academically, we also wish to create healthy and active citizens, who care for and respect each other, who make wise behaviour choices and who challenge discrimination in all its forms. The school is committed to providing a broad and balanced curriculum, enriched through regular educational visits and successful links with our community and business partners. The importance of emotional and physical well being is taught through our fitness, sports and PHSE programmes and we have invested heavily in the use of new technology to make certain that our pupils have access to this, especially as it may not always be available to them at home. This together with the skills and dedication of our staff allows Old Palace to continue to provide its pupils with the best possible start to their education.
- Achieve the best they possibly can, recognising their successes and areas for further improvement.
- Become literate, numerate and ICT competent.
- Develop an understanding of how they learn and apply this passionately to enquire and think creatively about the world.
- Develop self awareness and self confidence, together with the social skills needed to relate to and work well with others.
- Take responsibility for their actions, treating others with fairness, tolerance and respect.
- Learn collaboratively with each other, the school, parents and the local community, applying their learning to enhance their own lives and those of others.
- Become healthy, active citizens, who participate in their community to work for a better tomorrow.